What is it?
Activated charcoal is a nontoxic, odorless and tasteless black powder that has been used for years
to treat many various things in the body.
It can be made out of wood, bamboo and even coconuts.Charcoal is an antidote as it adsorbs most
toxins and poisons before they can do any harm.
How it works:
It works by adsorbing chemicals through the stomach, small and large intestines (GI tract). Some
hospitals even administer it after poisoning or after the stomach has been pumped. It is also used
after a person swallows or adsorbs almost any toxic drug or chemical.
USES for Activated Charcoal
– in air purifiers
– water purifiers
– carbon block filters (water machines)
– as a detoxifier
– poison antidote
– decontaminant (in the gastrointestinal tract)
– spider bites
– stomach bugs
– food poisoning
– our toothpaste
– naturally whitens teeth
– deodorant (like THIS one)
Our family keeps charcoal on hand just in case we need it for any of the above!
When buying Activated Charcoal:
When looking for activated charcoal, make sure it’s a good quality brand and very pure source.
We love the one made from coconut shells.
***Just like anything, please check with a naturopathic doctor or medical professional before
using this, especially in an emergency situation. Check with your health care provider if you
have any underlying health problem.
Activated charcoal should be taken separate from any medications or vitamins (it might prevent
absorption of these substances).
It’s best used only as needed.
(Brought to you by Mothers For A Toxin Free World)
Latest posts by Margaux (see all)
- Living in the Tropics, The scary Trade off. (Warning, graphic Scorpion content) - September 3, 2015
- The Day that Changed Everything - August 25, 2015
- 3 Unbelievable Experiences In Less Than 19 Days (video) - August 15, 2015
- How to Detox From Conventional Antiperspirants And Deodorants. 10 Steps. - August 14, 2015
- I can’t believe this tastes so good. New Recipe! - August 14, 2015